Wednesday 18 December 2019

Activity 1 day 1

10 food items I would take on a 3 week voyage.
1. Water, i'll take water because you can't drink sea water.
2. Apples,Banana's and Mandarins, Fruit because it has lots of vitamins and natural sugar.
3. Carrots, Corn, vegetables because they will give me energy.
4. Caned food, caned food because it is already served and  you can just put it on a plate and it's ready to go.
5. Potatoes, potatoes because it's a starch vegetable and will keep growing on it self and then we can get more food.
6. Pasta,rice, pasta and rice because they will fill you up.
7. Sausages, sausages because they will give you protein.
8. Eggs, egg because they give you protein.
9. Flour,yeast, flour and yeast because you can make bread.
10.Cheese, cheese because it has dairy and dairy is good for you. 

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Ruby
    Great job on your first activity of the SLJ. Hopefully you will keep it up over the holidays. I like the way you have clearly stated why you would bring these things. Next time maybe add a image.
    Keep up the great work
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly,thank you very much for your comment. I'm glad you think I have clearly stated why I would like these items. I forgot to add the image.
    From Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruby

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey. It is great that you have started the programme. I am so proud of you for giving it a go!
    You have made a great start with your list of items that you would take on your voyage with you.
    I am so pleased that you have got water on your list. You will need lots of water to drink and also to cook anything with. You have really thought about what you would take with you which is great! I like that you are going to make your own bread. But how are you going to cook it? Hopefully there is an oven on the boat!


    We are looking forward to reading more of your work over the summer, so keep it up!
    I hope that you are enjoying your holidays, I saw you yesterday with Lewie. Looked like you were heading to the supermarket.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.